Updated for GDPR June 2018
Relevant is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal data.
1) Who is Relevant Equity Systems, Inc.? And what is Relevant EquityWorks?
Relevant Equity Systems, Inc. ("Relevant") is a software development firm based in Waltham, Massachusetts in the United States. For more information about who we are, visit About Relevant.
Our flagship product is Relevant EquityWorks™, a powerful software platform designed just for private fund professionals. Our Site features more information on our products.
2) Our commitment to safeguarding your data privacy
- Cookie. A cookie is a file created on your computer which tracks how you interacted with our website. Using browser extensions like Ghostery and/or Privacy Badger, you can set your browser to refuse some or all cookies, or simply notify you when a website places a cookie on your computer. Note, if you block cookies, some pages on our Site may become inaccessible and may not function properly.
- Automated Technologies. Automated technologies, such as Hotjar, help us to understand how you engage with the content on our webpages.
- Events. Events are interactions you make while on our Site such as clicks, scrolls, video views, or even contact forms you filled-out. We use tools like Google Tag Manager to understand what content is resonating with visitors like you.
- Legitimate Business Interest. This term refers to how Relevant conducts its business so as to give you the best information about our software, while protecting your privacy.
- Performance of Contract. When you investigate implementation of our software products, this term refers to a commercial relationship between us, where we might execute a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) in order to facilitate the sharing of proprietary data. Then, once you become a customer, we’ll execute a Software License Agreement (SLA) which states our policies along with additional rights and data protections of your proprietary data.
- Compliance with Legal or Regulatory Obligations. This term refers to how we may process your personal data, where required, for compliance with legal or regulatory authorities.
4) The data we gather
When you fill-out one of our Site forms, we collect basic personal information like your name, company, email address and perhaps your telephone number. This information helps us fulfill your request to receive information, schedule a demo, meet at a conference, or to register for a webinar.
Types of information that we collect about you include:
- Identity. Such as name, company, address, and gender
- Contact. Such as email address and telephone number
- Technical. Such as IP ("internet protocol") address, browser, country, operating system, and device used
- Usage. Such as how you navigated through our Site including pages viewed and videos watched
- Marketing and Communications. Such as the mailing lists you are currently signed-up for (like Fund Accounting News, Investor Reporting News, etc.) and your Email Preferences, if any instructions are on file
Relevant also leverages Aggregated Data which may be derived from your personal data, but doesn't directly identify you, so it is not considered personal data.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data, such as ethnicity, beliefs, sexual orientation, or health.
5) Why we collect personal data
We collect personal data for a variety of reasons, including:
- Understanding your requirements and interests. Understanding the content that most resonates with our visitors helps Relevant to anticipate better the needs of prospective customers, while ensuring only the most salient information is presented on our Site.
- Support clients. End users of our software refer to our Site to learn our software products.
- Inform prospective customers. Visitors quickly glean whether or not our products and/or services are of interest to them.
- Comply with legal and regulatory obligations. Adherence with legal and regulatory statues is important to us.
6) Your rights
You have the right to:
- Be informed. If we know anything about your Identity, Contact, or Marketing & Communications details, you can see and control that data by clicking Manage your Email Preferences.
- Access, correct and/or request deletion of your data. You also can use that link to:
Access and update your details
Be forgotten by clicking the Opt-out of all Email Communications link whereby we will delete all of your information from our systems, with the exception of client contacts with whom we have a contractual relationship.
- Determine what news you receive from Relevant. The same link will let you choose what types of correspondence you would like to receive from us, like Relevant EquityWorks announcements and newsletters for private fund professionals.
7) How is your data collected and what’s the legal basis
Relevant uses a variety of means to collect data from and about you, including:
- Direct interactions including calls, conferences, and webinars. When you express interest in our products and services, you may give us your Identity and Contact Data by dropping a card at a conference, sending us an email, or filling-out a form on our Site.
- Cookies, Automated Technologies, or Events. As defined and described earlier in this document, we may collect data about how you navigate our Site and what content is of interest to you, so we can better understand your requirements, enhance our software products, and present content that is most relevant.
- Third-party subscriptions or publicly-available sources. Relevant may receive personal data about you from various public sources and third parties. For instance, we may receive:
We use your data to further our Legitimate Business Interests, when our actions don’t interfere with your rights. Most often, that means we will use it to:
- Provide you the best information about our software, while protecting your privacy.
- Record and fulfill a contract with you.
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Prevent fraud and abuse.
- Administrate and protect our business and this Site.
- Make suggestions and/or recommendations about products and services that may be of interest to you.
8) Sharing with trusted third parties
Your personal data may be shared with and processed by service providers. We make sure our vendors enter into an agreement with us and meet our standards for privacy and data security.
9) How we retain and secure data, and for how long
Relevant is committed to securing your personal data.
- Privacy Protection Measures. We deploy robust and appropriate technologies and practices, so the data you have entrusted to us is protected from unauthorized access and improper use.