Prevent quarterly reporting from taking over!
Ever feel like quarter-end reporting has taken over your life? It certainly can seem that way, but transparency is here to stay, so the sooner you tame that beast, the better, and the more efficient operation you will have.
Here are five ways to streamline investor reporting:
- Re-evaluate what you’re reporting. Your investors may like all the reports you’re sending, but they may like something else more. Best to ask. A simple web survey can do the trick.
- End reconciliation. We are well into the 21st century, so why is your firm still reconciling spreadsheets? You might as well be writing checks by hand! By having all your data organized and accessible in the same database, your colleagues can share the latest real-time numbers, without the need for reconciliation.
- Template as much as possible. Here’s an unsung hero: consistency. Information delivered consistently time after time has many benefits. First, it looks more professional and helps build your brand. Second, it’s easier to compile.
- Provide an investor portal. An investor portal gives LPs a destination as well as another signal that you’re committed to your relationship and are in it for the long-haul.
- Deliver the raw data. Your LPs have systems too, and you can relieve their need to transcribe data from your quarterly reports by giving them an export file on what happened this quarter.
We hope these five tips help you tame the beast that is (sometimes) investor reporting. If your current infrastructure doesn’t support some of these approaches, let us know. We’re happy to show you one that does.
Relevant Equity Systems, Inc.